1. Glass is 100% recyclable and does not lose purity or quality with the recycling process.
2. Over a ton of natural resources could be saved from recycling 1 ton of glass.
3. Recycling a single bottle will provide with enough energy to light a 100-watt light bulb for 1 hour.
4. Every ton of jars and bottles made using recycled materials rather than raw materials prevents 670 kg of CO2 emission.
5. Glass bottles have been reduced 40% in weight over the 30 years period.
6. In nature, glass can form spontaneously when lightning strikes silica sand, the high temperature melts the silica and fuses the grains of sand together.
7. Recycling process of 1.000 tons of glass can create 8 jobs through recycling plants.
8. The first glass ever made was in 3000 B.C, in Ancient Rome.
2011 Container Recycling Institute