Do you know these?
- It is possible for an average of 25% of glass packaging to be recycled glass.
- The recycling rate of green mineral water bottles can reach up to 90%.
- When we recycle two bottles, approximately;
- We save as much as the amount of energy used to boil 1 liter of water,
- When we recycle 1 glass bottle into production;
- We save energy to run our computer for 25 minutes.
- We save energy by using a 100-watt light bulb for 1 hour.
- The UK currently recycles 50% of glass packaging.
- This rate reaches 90% in Finland and Switzerland.
WITH THE ENERGY SPENT IN MELTING THE RECYCLED GLASS;
- By recycling a glass bottle, we save as much energy as a television spends in 1.5 hours.
- Recycling helps reduce CO2 emissions. In addition to the energy saved, approximately 314 tons less CO2 is released into the atmosphere for each 1000 tons of glass melted.
- Recycling protects nature. By using recycled glass, the use of tons of raw materials is reduced.
- Recycling contributes to the reduction of landfills. Because any glass packaging that is not recycled will occupy a considerable space in the waste storage area.
- Recycling enables us to become consumers who protect the environment more by increasing the awareness of the society.
THE IMPORTANCE OF RECYCLING GLASS PACKAGING CAN BE BETTER UNDERSTOOD, WHEN AN AVERAGE FAMILY WORLDWIDE USES ABOUT 330 GLASS BOTTLES AND JARS A YEAR IS THOUGHT.